CONVERSE is an easy-to-use software that provides a coupling between FEM solvers for injection molding simulation and solvers for mechanical simulation. A mapping of anisotropic part properties like fiber orientations, degree of orientations, weld lines and residual stresses as well as a mapping of scalars like pressures, temperatures, heat transfer coefficients wall thicknesses and shrinkage + warpage is possible.
CONVERSE enables the consideration of the anisotropic mechanical behavior of injection molded short-fiber-reinforced plastics parts in FE analysis. Hence part stiffness as well as failure can be predicted more accurate. Conventional isotropic approaches do not consider the influences of fiber orientations. With the pressure mapping capability an assessment of mold deformations, e.g. core shifts, and also of the mechanical stresses within inserts during the filling phase can be made. The temperature mapping capability provides the possibility to consider the thermal loading of temperature-sensible inserts. The mapping of residual stresses makes it possible to consider initial stress states induced by processing within the strength assessment of the part. The mapping of shrinkage, warpage and residual stresses makes it possible to conduct structural analyses with the actual part geometry opposed to the ideal CAD geometry.
- More accurate simulation of part stiffness and strength assessment compared to isotropic approaches
- Consideration of the influence of gate positions onto the mechanical behavior (position of weld lines)
- Consideration of the influence of residual stresses onto the mechanical behavior
- Improved mold and part design for parts with pressure- and temperature-sensitive inserts or molds with easy deformable cores
- Easy, automatic assignment of wall thicknesses as shell properties for mechanical FE models
- Taking into account the real part shape by using shrinkage and warpage results
- Easy-to-use even for occasional users
- See-through and open data handling
- No User-Subroutine required
- Fast and stable simulation
- Batch mode
- High scalability (multi processor capability)
- Molding simulation solver interfaces to: CADMOULD, MOLDFLOW, SIGMA (SIGMALink), MOLDEX 3D, SOLIDWORKS PLASTICS, 3D TIMON
- Mechanical simulation solver interfaces to: ABAQUS, ANSYS, OPTISTRUCT, RADIOSS, NASTRAN, MARC, LS-DYNA
- CFD solver interface to FLUENT
- Strength assessment interfaces to S-Life Plastics, FEMFAT, NCODE, LMS Virtual.Lab
- Flexible ASCII data import via Converse Data Exchange Interface
- Elasto-plastic anisotropic material model for ABAQUS, ANSYS, LS-DYNA, RADIOSS (CONVERSE Advanced)(expandable for creep)
- Mapping of fiber orientations, weld lines, pressures, temperatures, residual stresses, shrinkage and warpage, wall thicknesses (for shell elements)
- Mapping between different mesh topologies
- Graphical evaluation of mapping quality
- 3D-visualization and manipulation of the imported models and results
- Calculation of the anisotropic material properties (stiffnesses and thermal expansion coefficients) of the composite based on fiber and matrix data
- Material database of major short-fiber-reinforced plastics grades included
- Automated generation of all required FE input data
- Consideration of inserts possible
- Consolidation of different molding simulations into single structural model (e.g. welded parts)
- Batch Mode
- No user subroutines required
- Running on Windows 64 bit
Features may vary depending on used solvers.
For further information and pricing please contact us. Please also feel free to call us on (Tel. +49-2204-306 77-26). The mapping for the supported solvers we also offer as service for you.
All within the website mentioned possibly by third parties protected brands and trademarks are subject to the provisions of the applicable trademark law and the ownership rights of the registered owner. The mere mention does not draw the conclusion that trademarks are not protected by third party rights!